The Biodiversity Exploratories are networked with a number of other collaborative scientific projects or are members of external research platforms .
We either cooperate with or are members of the following research associations and platforms on long-term monitoring, biodiversity and land use:
- EcoFinders: Improve understanding of the role of soil biodiversity in ecosystem functioning.
- LTER-D: Network for long-term ecological research in Germany.
- LTER-Europe: European Network for Long-Term Ecosystem Research.
- Jena-Experiment: Experimental study of a grassland community: How biodiversity influences elemental cycles and trophic interactions.
- TERENO: Network of terrestrial observatories in environmental research.
- BEF-China: Forest Biodiversity and Ecosystem Functioning (BEF) Experiment in subtropical forests in China.
- ExpeER: Experimentation in Ecosystem Research aims to bring together the main observational, experimental, analytical and modelling facilities in ecosystem research in Europe.
- FunDivEUROPE: Functional importance of forest biodiversity in Europe.
- KiLi: Kilimanjaro ecosystems in global change: how biodiversity, biotic interactions and biogeochemical ecosystem processes are linked.