20 January 2023 [time slots from 9.00 – 17.00]
27 January 2023 [time slots from 9.00 – 16.00]
Target group: Postdocs and PhD candidates
Lecturer: Amanda Habbershaw, Golin Wissenschaftsmanagement, Berlin
Course language: English
In this workshop the process of academic writing is highlighted from the first idea through the structuring and formation of the text to its completion. The participants engage with the content related, formal and organisational aspects of writing and train their text competency with exercises. The following topics are covered:
– Abstract, article, thesis: Text types and reasons for writing in academia
– From idea to text: Topic selection, structure, argumentation
– Rummaging, digging, serving it hot: Research strategies
– Writing as a process: Utilising creative bursts – avoiding blocks
– The eye reads too: Convention and form
– Academic writing: My next steps
Link to register:
Registration deadline: 10th of January 2023
Important information: Your registration is binding. The course is limited to 12 participants.
The particpation is for Explorers only!